Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome to my Pursuit of Life

Welcome to the commencement of In Pursuit of Life. As my profile indicates, I find myself at a transitional point in my life. I am unemployed, having left my dissatisfying but stable career as an insurance broker and now seek occupation that will provide me with a sense of meaning and purpose. I have broken-up with two formerly close girlfriends who were sucking the life out of me with their negativity. I've moved from my comfortable one bedroom in Brooklyn (a place I called home for over 5 years), to a large three bedroom in New Jersey with my (ex)boyfriend. AND the man I love and live with is in fact my roommate, my ex-boyfriend, no longer my lover or partner.

I obviously need to make some major changes in my life, and I am up for the challenge!

I will see this time in my life as TRANSITION, not turmoil. No more negative connotations. I am pursuing life to the fullest, which means health and happiness are things that I want, need and deserve for this life I must carve out for myself. Wish me luck!

So, what is this blog project about? My thoughts. My ideas. My goals. Concerns. Stances. Problems. Triumphs. Fears. Hopes. Creativity. My chance to use this as a forum to connect with other writers and like minded people. I have too many idea at this point to decide on a clear and distinct path for this project. Most importantly, I want to reawaken the creativity I know is inside of me and put honest, thoughtful word to paper (virtual paper, you know what I mean). I honestly think that by doing this I will find meaning and purpose for all aspects of my life. This is the goal.

Some topics that I care about, am interested in, and can foresee writing about include:

Feminism
Dogs, Pet ownership
Mental wellness
Animal welfare
Environmentalism
LGBT Rights
Education
Literature
Film

Here's to writing frequently and fervently!

No comments:

Post a Comment