Sunday, April 15, 2012

30 Days of Vegetarianism

Today marks the one month anniversary of my move to a completely vegetarian diet.  And you know what? It turns out it was not a challenge at all.  Even today we had a friend over and bought a new grill and everyone else was bbq'ing hotdogs and I wasn't prepared with veggie burgers or something similar, but eating wasn't a challenge and didn't feel like a sacrifice at all.  I steamed a big bunch of broccoli with butter and garlic, salt and pepper, and quickly marinated a box of mushrooms I had in the fridge with soy sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper, Dash, Emril's spice, and onion powder and then grilled them up.  No one else was interested in my veggies, but I wasn't offended - more for me!

Now, is a month long enough to declare myself a vegetarian? I don't know. I also don't claim a vegetarian lifestyle, only diet.  Although I'll admit that I'm not sure what I do other than wear leather shoes that is not vegetarian.  I even switched to cloth napkins in order to save on paper goods use :)  Maybe I'm not sure what a completely vegetarian lifestyle entails?

No comments:

Post a Comment