Friday, March 16, 2012

Awesome Spinach Apple Salad

Last night's dinner definitely had one shining star: the spinach apple salad. (The below post which is also labeled with today's date was actually written yesterday, March 15th.) Unfortunately, because I had a guest and was sort of entertaining, I failed to take photos of this beautiful delicious salad. And then after dinner I promptly ate all of the leftovers, again missing an opportunity to photograph. But, I will DEFINITELY be adding this salad to my regular repertoire so I'm sure I will have a photo to add in the future. For now, here's the recipe. 

(Photos added March 28, 2012)

Spinach apple salad

Dressed spinach apple salad
 



Spinach Apple Salad Recipe 

baby spinach (bag of pre-washed leaves)
apple, I used 2 Fiji apples, sliced into thin wedges
red onion, sliced thin with mandolin
pecans, toasted with maple sugar & olive oil (or butter if you're not keeping it vegan)
kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
red grapes, halved (I forgot to purchase grapes, but I'm sure they'd be a great addition!)

dressing, whisked together and tossed over spinach just before serving:
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp mustard of choice


Can't wait to make this salad again!

No comments:

Post a Comment